Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur, de la Recherche et de l'Innovation
The Ministry develops and implements France’s policy on higher education, research and innovation.
Its missions are based on :
- Coordination of national policy, general objectives and resources allocated by the State within the framework of the interministerial mission "Research and Higher Education" (MIRES),
- The definition of major strategies for higher education and research, and a national plan for transfer and innovation.
- Strengthening France's place in the European and international higher education, research and innovation space.
- Defining the national strategy for scientific, technical and industrial culture (CSTI).
- Supervision of research organizations and higher education institutions (universities and schools).
The Ministry has two directions: the General Direction of Higher Education and Professional Integration (DGESIP) and the General Direction of Research and Innovation (DGRI).